rentals in Edgewood Harford County Maryland

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Hyattsville, MD · Member since 2012 · 822 posts · 441 votes
    8y

    I would talk to @Zach Zander for feedback on townhouses in that area.

    I'd point out that some of these communities are beginning to deal with deferred maintenance to common area like repaving the private streets that make up their entire communities. Thats not a county responsibility. In the below case, watergate assc. took out a 140k loan to re-pave their streets after getting help from councilmembers to get a low interest loan. There are some risks to owning in these associations and  possible association special assessments to owners that may follow. So besides normal tenant quality risks, you have to consider the lack of control over the association and management of financials that could increase your expenses and hurt cashflow.

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/...

    There are some of the articles here that are important to reference with regard to violence in the area several years ago that I'm not sure are still applicable:

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/...

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/...

  • Real Estate Agent · Havre De Grace, MD · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the shout out. 

    All mine are in Harford Square neighborhood. 

    Both Harford Square and Watergate had serious HOA issues as mentioned. The whole board at Harford Square changed, not I'm not sure about Watergate.

    Let me know if you have questions about comps and rents.

    Zach

  • Edgewood, MD · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    Awesome information! Thank you guys I will look into the HOA issues
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.