Hate Excel? Newbie Baltimore investor looking to trade advice

Hate Excel? Newbie Baltimore investor looking to trade advice

Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 3 votes

I love Excel - I know I'm weird, but it's something that I've used pretty much everyday for the last 20+ years, both at work and home. If you're willing to help a newbie investor, I'd be happy to create excel sheet(s) that can calculate things much faster or in more detail than what you're doing now. Present value calculations, buy vs hold scenarios, or wherever the standard BP calculators aren't quite scratching your itch. I'm also good with IT in general.

I'm starting my investing in Baltimore County, and I'd like advice on

- Review my business plan
- Recommendations for team (attorney, accountant, contractors, insurance, etc...)
- What do you know that I should know?

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Philadelphia · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hey Raymond, I don't hate excel I actually love it. I don't have much advice to give but I'll share that my favorite part about making my own calculators is that I can create custom metrics. 

    For example I have a simple JQM metric (Job Quit Money) which takes the expected net income from a property and calculates what percent that is to my target passive income salary. E.x. 60k passive income goal and 1 house at 250 net = (250*12)/60000*100= 5% . Great for motivation.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 282 posts · 85 votes
    6y

    @Raymond Simms

    I do not hate Xcel, but I can answer a bunch of your questions.

    I’m in the Cleveland Market and I have already created my team and I could share my process with you. DM me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.