Investing in Cities Adjacent to Detroit

Investing in Cities Adjacent to Detroit

Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 7 votes

Hello,

I'm just getting into real estate investing and looking into the Detroit metro market. Anyone here investing in Auburn Hills, Southfield, Ferndale, or Warren? What are your experiences with investing in these cities? Based on some research it seems like there's good potential for buy and hold cashflow properties there.

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Dylan TanakaPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Detroit, MI · Member since 2008 · 455 posts · 178 votes
7y

@Kwaku Farkye,

Make sure you go to Meetup .com to find all of the local REI networking events. There's a huge community in Metro Detroit. you'll be welcomed with open arms.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2018 · 189 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    Lots of Potential, check out the Metro Detroit Real Estate Investors facebook group. There's people posting questions and experiences about everyone of those cities, in addition to people wholesaling properties. Great place to start! 

  • Keyonte SummersPro Member
    Harper Woods, MI · Member since 2017 · 384 posts · 311 votes
    7y

    @Kwaku Farkye those are some pretty solid areas Southfield is more expensive but you can easily get good returns with the number of people that would pay to be closer to their jobs.

  • Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Matt Hurley @Keyonte Summers thanks for the info! I'll definitely check out that facebook group

  • Dylan TanakaPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Detroit, MI · Member since 2008 · 455 posts · 178 votes
    7y

    @Kwaku Farkye,

    Make sure you go to Meetup .com to find all of the local REI networking events. There's a huge community in Metro Detroit. you'll be welcomed with open arms.

  • Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Thanks @Dylan Tanaka I'll be sure to check that out. Might be able to make the event in July

  • Real Estate Coach · Member since 2018 · 245 posts · 216 votes
    7y

    @Kwaku Farkye I am predicting auburn hills hills will make a jump in the near future with home values. It is forecasted that OU will be a top producer for autonomous vehicles in the future. With that said I think this year the school will be one of the few testing the self driving shuttle bus on campus.  Directly across the street the rent for the condos are 1500 to 1700 a month. Which has doubled within the last 5 years. I made my move by purchasing a 2 bed condo unit for 50K  close by so I can catch the wave to. 

    https://www.oakland.edu/Assets/Oakland/govrel/files-and-documents/Sept%202017%20Newsletter-1.pdf

  • weston, CT · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    thank you

  • Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Darius Kellar awesome insight, much appreciated. I think investing in markets with a good university is smart, and OU seems to be making positive moves in the right direction. 

  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 387 posts · 129 votes
    7y

    @Kwaku Farkye   I have had success in Oak Park

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.