Canadian investing in Detroit

Canadian investing in Detroit

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi All,

I am a Canadian, planning to invest in Detroit. A few questions:

1. I have been working in the US for a few years now, but did not build a credit history here.So, unable to secure mortgage from my big banks. What are my options here? Any pointers?

2. Is First Time home buyer applicable to me?

1Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2018 · 189 posts · 127 votes
7y

I can’t speak to #2, but for #1 your best approach may be find a local partner. Best place I know to find them is via the “Metro Detroit Real Estate Investors Group” on Facebook. Lots of local investors there looking for international finders, and several people who’s business centers around exactly that. 

Vet the people, vet the business, not everyone is experienced. Make sure they actually have a company. Good luck! 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2018 · 189 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    I can’t speak to #2, but for #1 your best approach may be find a local partner. Best place I know to find them is via the “Metro Detroit Real Estate Investors Group” on Facebook. Lots of local investors there looking for international finders, and several people who’s business centers around exactly that. 

    Vet the people, vet the business, not everyone is experienced. Make sure they actually have a company. Good luck! 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks Matt

  • Rental Property Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 380 posts · 244 votes
    7y

    @Malik Abdul Azeez,

    You should try out Level One Bank in Ann Arbor may be able to help you out.

  • Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    Also, you should start building your credit today! Open up a credit card line and pay it off every month.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.