Moving to Omaha in 4 Months

Moving to Omaha in 4 Months

New to Real Estate · Omaha, NE · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 2 votes

Hello Everyone! I am on track to graduate from the University of Nebraska-Kearney with a Construction Management degree in May. I have accepted a job offer with a general contractor and will be making W-2 income. I was looking for advice on house hacking in Omaha and any other advice a new real estate investor could use. Based off my knowledge, a possible pursuit for me would be to buy a duplex and have long-term tenants in the other side. I want to make the most out of my early 20s and would appreciate any advice I can get! I am really excited about becoming a new member of the BP Community. 

1Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Omaha, NE · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 3 votes
5y

@Alexandro Jimenez

I'm also very new to Omaha and recently moved here from the Caribbean with my wife and 2 year old son. I'm very much interested in learning more about the real estate industry here and the opportunities available.

@Ted Kaasch just last night I thought about the best way to network here and came across the Omaha REIA. I'd be attending the meeting on Monday and looking forward to building lasting relationships!

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    Welcome to Omaha, Alexandro! I am in the same position you find yourself in being new to real estate investing in this area. I look forward to networking! @Ted Kaasch thank you for providing that information, I will definitely seek those groups out.

  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Alexandro Jimenez

    I'm also very new to Omaha and recently moved here from the Caribbean with my wife and 2 year old son. I'm very much interested in learning more about the real estate industry here and the opportunities available.

    @Ted Kaasch just last night I thought about the best way to network here and came across the Omaha REIA. I'd be attending the meeting on Monday and looking forward to building lasting relationships!

  • Ted KaaschPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Omaha, NE · Member since 2017 · 112 posts · 62 votes
    5y

    @Alexandro Jimenez please come say hi on Monday!

  • New to Real Estate · Omaha, NE · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Ted Kaasch I really wish I could be able to make time to attend these regular meetings but, being a full time college student about 2.5 hours away is tough. As soon as I am able to, I will make sure to attend these meetings and grow my network. I definitely plan on connecting to an agent in Omaha as soon as possible who will help me during the process of buying my first deal. I would be happy to connect with you on a more personal level to see what sort of value I can provide in order for some experience in the REI world.

  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    Hello all,

    Love to see more and more young professionals tuning into Bigger Pockets. I just graduated college and bigger pockets has taught me a ton about what to do post-graduation. I am currently an assistant property manager for multifamily/commercial properties for an Omaha investor & got my salesperson license in December. I attended a couple of REIA meetings and also recommend going if you have some extra time.

    Let's connect! 



  • Investor · Madison, WI · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    @Alexandro Jimenez Good day, Alex

    I’m in a similar situation, I’m moving to Omaha this weekend! Looking to network and gain some knowledge as well.

    Let us all connect!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.