Strategies To Consider As We Reach A Ceiling

Strategies To Consider As We Reach A Ceiling

Henderson, NV · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes

I may have picked a less optimal time to begin investing in real estate but rates are still on the lower end and I'd like to take advantage.  The feedback I get is that the rehab/flip market in Henderson/LV is saturated.

What other strategies do investors turn to when it looks like the market is about to turn?

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Henderson, NV · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
8y

Buy and hold!  I'm no expert, but I feel like we have at least 2-3 years of solid appreciation

  I sold everything I had in Vegas over the last few years (and moved my money to NorthDakota houses).  Kicking myself every day!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Henderson, NV · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Buy and hold!  I'm no expert, but I feel like we have at least 2-3 years of solid appreciation

      I sold everything I had in Vegas over the last few years (and moved my money to NorthDakota houses).  Kicking myself every day!

  • Earth · Member since 2017 · 297 posts · 187 votes
    8y
    Reaching ceiling or not is a guess. Like the other agent said on the other post on BP, “half people feel that correction is coming, the other half people feel that the price will go up for at least a few more years. Nobody knows the future. By reading Las Vegas housing data and articles online, I’m the half group of people who feel that the house price in Las Vegas will go up for at least 4 more years before any correction may happen.
  • Robert AdamsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Henderson, NV · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
    8y

    We are setup to have our best year ever in Vegas for 2018! So much economic growth, shortage of inventory, and demand through the roof.

    In regard to strategies, I agree given the factors above flips are very hard to find right now unless you are buying from off market buyers. We have seen a lot of investors do a hybrid of buy and hold and flip. Meaning they speculate and capture some short term appreciate of 6 months to a year and then do their flip. This allows them to pay more than they normally would for the property to win the bidding wars, capture positive cash flow in the meantime, and the add more equity by rehabbing, then sell.

    I hope this is helpful!

    The Adams Team at Rothwell Gornt Companies4.970 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.