Jersey City, NJ Contractor and Property Manager Recomendations

Jersey City, NJ Contractor and Property Manager Recomendations

Mesa, AZ · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 5 votes

Hello Fellow BP Members,

I just paid for the PRO membership and it is totally worth it!

I am trying to find a contractor that can handle a large renovation that would include: brownstone kitchen, bathroom , maybe install new windows, buiding permits in Jersey City, NJ.   I also looking for a property manager that lives in or near Jersey City  too.. I'm looking to build long term relationships with a good GC and property manager.  I would like to have a network of trusted talented people I can call....

0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 88 posts · 31 votes
10y

@Sandy H. I have a good contractor reference. DM me for info.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2015 · 490 posts · 301 votes
    10y

    Thats the toughest part of this business if you ask me. Its really trial and error but you should try sites like Angies List to find people that are vetted. Those guys tend to be more expensive but its better than some fly by night guy takes your money and runs. Trust me that happens. Also you definitely want someone local and not someone who claims he does nationwide or even statewide. Find someone who specifies in Hudson county. 

  • Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 46 votes
    10y

    hi Sandy, 

    do you mean the reno would be a brownstone and a kitchen? or is there actually something called a brownstone kitchen? anyway, it depends on where your house is located. I'd advise doing a drive around your neighborhood block radius, you will notice the popular and good contractors have signs of their work on homes being worked on. good place to start in my opinion. 

  • Sicklerville, NJ · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 23 votes
    10y
    Sandy How I am new to BP. I am still figuring out out to put my email/site out there. In the interim, I am a investor with my own contracting and property management companies. My companies are set up specifically for investors. I was having trouble finding reputable contractors to do multiple properties at once. I set my own companies up and so far it's going well. As soon as I can figure out BP, I'll forward my contact/website.
  • Mesa, AZ · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Hi Sunny,

    Sunny Suh

    The kitchen is in a brownstone, sorry it that was unclear.  I do se a subs working around the neighborhood.  I will stop and speak with them.  Thanks so much!

  • Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 88 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    @Sandy H. I have a good contractor reference. DM me for info.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.