20 year old graduate asking for advise

20 year old graduate asking for advise

Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 1 vote

Hi,

My name is Maicoll Gomez. I just graduated college a year early with two degrees so I can help my family. We live paycheck to paycheck and we have saved up some money (50k) so we can put a down payment on a house hopefully in Jersey City, or Bayonne. I have a good credit score 750+ but no job or income at the moment. How do you suggest I go about this? 

Thank you in advance, I appreciate that you took the time to read this. 

-Maicoll

0Reply
86 views

Most Popular Reply

Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 16 votes
8y
Welcome Maicoll My personal suggestion is to get pre approved for a mortgage. Explore your different types of mortgages/loans. Also, see what you can afford. Unfortunately, Hudson county is expensive. I would start with some type of house hack and purchase a multifamily, that’s how i started. Good luck
See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Newark, NJ · Member since 2016 · 695 posts · 252 votes
    8y

    I will suggest finding a job first as you will need income to qualify for a home unless your parent qualify for a loan on their income. find an agent who invests in the area and pick is brain and describe your situation. Go to meetups in your area and also mention your situation and i'm sure you will find someone who can help.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.