Mother/Homemaker · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 14 votes
I've met a couple local investors and some RE agents in Las Cruces (and even in El Paso but who want to invest in Las Cruces) who would all like to see a REIA group started here. We haven't been able to find one so we are starting one!! My husband and I will coordinate to get the ball rolling...
First meet-up scheduled for Wednesday, May 4. Hoping to continue first Wednesday of every month.
Location TBD
Time: probably 7pm
Message me personally if you'd like the details and want to come! Please pass the info along to others as well.
Investor · El Paso/Socorro, TX · Member since 2012 · 365 posts · 75 votes
10y
Hi everyone. That is a great idea. I have started buying in Alamogordo myself but would like to have a presence in Las Cruces also. I just found the local forums believe it or not, they should be advertised a bit.
Mother/Homemaker · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 14 votes
10y
Hi Charles!! Glad to meet someone else local! My husband and I have officially started this monthly meet-up but have switched the days to the FIRST THURSDAY of each month. We've had 2 successful meetings, May and June, and are looking forward to our third in July. We're definitely looking into other options for advertising about this group, so if you have any ideas, we welcome them. But here are the details for July's meeting:
Thursday, July 7
7-8pm
205 W Boutz Rd Building 2 in Las Cruces (it's the office of Property Management & Investments of Las Cruces, PMI for short)
Let me know if you have questions or if you would like your email to be added to my email list. I'll be sending an update about our last meeting and info about the upcoming meeting. Looking forward to meeting in person soon!
Mother/Homemaker · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 14 votes
10y
I just looked over that page and it looks like it's currently mostly a forum for sharing deals and information about REI in general and also a place where it looked like a lot of advertising was filling the wall. I messaged the admin for the group to see if there is any active group meeting at all. If so, we'll see if we can join forces. But for now, our page (Real Estate Investors Las Cruces) will be a forum for communicating about meet-ups and networking.
Mother/Homemaker · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 14 votes
10y
So the admin of that other FB group never replied to me, but he added me to his group. So I just posted a reminder on that page for our upcoming meeting this Thursday. Anyone following this conversation, we have a Las Cruces REI Club Meet-up THIS THURSDAY 7-8pm. Message me for details or find our FB group with the info. It's the Real Estate Investors Las Cruces group that I can add you to. Or it's in the other Las Cruces RE group.
Real Estate Agent · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2015 · 542 posts · 193 votes
10y
Hi Heather! There is an opportunity to also place a notice in the 'Community tab' under Networking Events, if you haven't already seen that. Anyone with the keywords 'Las Cruces' should get notified about that if you enter it before each meeting, or at least periodically.
Mother/Homemaker · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 14 votes
10y
Thank you! I did find that and it has helped get more people informed :) The group has almost doubled each meeting so that's been fun to see over the last 3 months. Looking forward to more great meet-ups!
Investor · Falls Church, VA · Member since 2011 · 4 posts · 2 votes
10y
Hello Las Cruces. Great initiative on setting this up Heather and look forward to more posts. Until then, any Las Cruces-based wholesalers looking for buyers please PM me.
Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 4 votes
7y
Hello! I am a new-ish investor and currently live in Alamogordo. I would like to get involved with the Las Cruces/El Paso REI groups. Does this group still meet up?
downey, CA · Member since 2018 · 70 posts · 13 votes
7y
not in El Paso no more, but most of my family is out there, if I where to find a property I would probably be able to manage it with a family member, let me know if you guys know of anything out there