New to the Raleigh area and looking for info!

New to the Raleigh area and looking for info!

Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hey everyone! I am new to the Raleigh area. My company was looking to expand and I jumped on the opportunity to relocate from the Tampa, FL area. Here is my question, in NC, when there is a credit issue with a client looking to buy a home who helps keep them in the game? Is it handled by the mortgage broker, real estate agent, or a case by case situation? I want to know who I should focus on!

Thanks for your help!

0Reply
9 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Melvin ListBusiness Member
    Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 381 votes
    9y

    @Michael Gulbronson depends how bad the credit is and if they even need credit repair.  I would start with lenders and brokers with no credit score overlays before looking into something like credit repair.

    C2 Financial
  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Melvin List:

    @Michael Gulbronson depends how bad the credit is and if they even need credit repair.  I would start with lenders and brokers with no credit score overlays before looking into something like credit repair.

     Thank you sir! We have a pretty well organized structure in the Tampa area... I was looking more for info specific to Raleigh... For example, in FL most mortgage brokers deal with the client needing their credit worked on whereas in CA it is the realtor that takes the lead... I provide credit repair. I am asking my question to see if I need to prospect mortgage companies or realtors. Thanks again! Have a great day!

  • Melvin ListBusiness Member
    Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 381 votes
    9y

    @Michael Gulbronson mortgage companies

    C2 Financial
  • Inspector · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 55 posts · 25 votes
    9y

    There are general guidelines for lending requirements that the real estate agent could provide, the mortgage broker is the more likely party to help but clients should tackle credit issues in advance. They can do this themseleves if they are self directed but there are also companies that will help for a monthly fee. I'd say fees range from 40-140 a month depending on packages. I opted for a credit repair company when I was tackling a credit issue involving my deployments in the Army and late payments I incurred while in remote zones. While it didn't fix everything thing it did help a bit over 6 months while I focused on more important things in life. 

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Thanks Kory! Appreciate it! How did you find the company you used? What was your approach in finding the right company?
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.