Pittsburg investor looking for partneship and help from Pros..

Pittsburg investor looking for partneship and help from Pros..

Investor · Dallas TX · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 4 votes

Hello Bigger Pockets friends-

I am excited to start my journey of real estate Investing after listing and seeing all the success stories in Bigger pockets. People here in this forum are great and help each other to great extent, thank you all for making a great forum.

I am from Pittsburg and I have a good Job. I am looking to start my first investment and I am looking at Rental properties in and around Pittsburg. My niche is to look for positive cash-flow properties. Here I am looking for some help and advice on several things from the expert. 

I started shopping for properties now and I need your advice on following things:

1)Which bank or credit union in Pittsburg will give me good rate and nice to work with?

2)Which areas are good for rental properties? ( I am looking at Carnegie, Greetree, SchotTownship etc)

3)Any tips, warnings that I need to keep in mind as a newbie in this field. By profession I am an IT manager.

Murali

0Reply
13 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Pueblo, CO · Member since 2013 · 366 posts · 303 votes
    9y

    1) I refer out and prefer to work with (as an investor and agent) smaller banks and brokers because of the relationships built

    2) No matter where you're looking for rentals there are several major factors you'll want to consider including type of tenant you'll be working with, the myriad of numbers and calculations you'll want to consider, the type of property you're interested in...etc.

    3) Screen tenants well and be as sure as possible about the tenant you place.  Do not, under any circumstance, place a tenant out of desperation to fill a vacancy.  

    4) Re-read number 3.

  • Investor · Dallas TX · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Hi Chris Thank you very much for your response and advice. I will keep you advice in mind while looking or renting. Let's see if we can work together for any deals. Right now I am actively looking for positive cash flow rental properties in Pittsburg area. Also I need an advice on good bank or creator union for loans. Murali
  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 300 posts · 168 votes
    8y

    Hey @Murali Mudddan how has your journey been going? What type of properties are you looking for and have you bought a property yet?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.