Does anyone have experience with rent-by-the-room in Pittsburgh?

Does anyone have experience with rent-by-the-room in Pittsburgh?

Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 14 votes

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into implementing a rent-by-the-room strategy in Pittsburgh. I wanted to ask for insights regarding the demand for this offering in the area and what works and what doesn't as far as implementing this effectively. 

Thanks! 

Kirk
 

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 26 votes
    4y

    I’ve seen some boarding home style residences in the Rocks and Bottoms.  It might be a good deal if you get in to short-term corporate housing with some local businesses, but I’d stay away from the Rocks and Bottoms.  Just me though.

  • North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2019 · 156 posts · 80 votes
    4y

    I think this strategy will work great in areas where the housing is really expensive like Seattle, San Fransisco, etc. The people who live in those place sometimes have to rent by the room since it's SO expensive.

    But I think that close to Universities or hospitals that might work. I think it has to be within walking distance tho...

    That's my opinion of course. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.