What is your Memphis cash flow property criteria?

What is your Memphis cash flow property criteria?

Rental Property Investor · South East Asia · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes

I am new to the market, but see a lot of potential for my self.

I was curious for people already invested, what is your criteria for a cash flowing property here?

Specifically interested in 1-4 units, also single family and in commercial apartments if anyone deals in those.

What areas are no good, which areas are?

What is the purchase price/repair price you look for for the most cash flow as a general rule?

What is the expected rent on said property?

What % of rent goes to short and long term repairs on said properties?

What type of tenants are you getting in these properties and what issues do you face with them?

What type of things make a property a "NO" for you?

Is there anything for a investor from florida to watch out for? I know I have 0 experience with furnaces or most

of the type of properties I am looking at.

I am extremely interested in networking with this forum and branching out into the market this year.

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Charles, IL · Member since 2014 · 304 posts · 222 votes
    7y

    Welcome @ George Broderick you are at the right place.

    May I suggest that you listen to a few webinars on how to evaluate a rental property and familiarize yourself with the BP calculators as doing these two things will help answer most of your questions.

    Take advantage of the free resources here at BP to educate yourself (listen to every podcast) so when the right deal pops up you are armed with knowledge and ready to pounce.

    Best wishes 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.