New to Nash - Looking to Network with BAMF Dealmakers

New to Nash - Looking to Network with BAMF Dealmakers

Developer · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 123 posts · 123 votes

I just opened up in Nashville and I'm looking to connect with some like minded real estate investors. 

What do you like MOST about the Nashville market? And what do you find the most challenging about doing deals here?

Im starting a meetup, opening an office and studio, and will be buying multifamily and development projects locally and in surrounding areas and Im looking to network with all kinds of people that are on similar paths. 

I look forward to making connections and if you have deals, or want to hunt deals for my firm, I'd love to hear from you. 

Matt Skinner

0Reply
7 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dan BeaulieuPro Member
    Lender · Knoxville, Tennessee (TN) · Member since 2016 · 422 posts · 667 votes
    8y

    @Matt Skinner Man, I must admit the title of this post got my attention! I'm a local investor / hard money lender / realtor. I'd love to meet some time soon and talk about the market. There are some amazing networking opportunities here...I highly suggest getting involved with REIN (Main meeting is this Monday at Tech Hill Commons) 

    What I like most about the Nashville Market: You can buy a house in the ghetto with bad loud neighbors, or backing up to railroad tracks, fix it up, and it will still sell day 1 with multiple offers right now. 

    What is most challenging: No Cashflow, Stiff Competition, seller's think their old condemned house is worth as much as everything new. 

    With that said, plenty of deals are still to be had, and I see great ones every single day. At this very moment I have 2 2 build lots for sale if you are looking for development pads...one in the nations and one in East Nashville.

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    @Matt Skinner

    As you know Nashville is a buzz word in real estate these days.

    I’m predominantly looking for rental properties at the moment. Nashville proper does not have the numbers I am looking for. Property in Nashville proper is worth more to developers than it would be to a rental investor such as myself.

    I am now looking at sub markets outside the city.

    At the moment my goal this year has been to pay down as much debt as possible and acquire larger rental properties.

    I also help put together deals for developers and then list the final product on the back end. If you are looking for development deals let me know. Those are the types of deals that I get the most leads on.

    PM me your email and I can get you on my list. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.