Seeking Middle TN Builders Specializing in Unique Smaller Homes

Seeking Middle TN Builders Specializing in Unique Smaller Homes

New to Real Estate · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 1 vote

OK I know, I know, finding solid contractors of ANY kind is already difficult enough, but I'm looking for any leads on nearby builders of small unique home styles: A Frames, Simple Cabins, and other Tiny Homes generally speaking. 

For a little context we bought our first home in Nashville 11 years ago, and have been working hard to put some of our equity to work on a 2nd home east of town nearby many of the State Parks and spots we frequent as a family (about 1-1.5 hrs east of Nashville), plus list the property as an STR. Even with our AWESOME agent, as you can imagine, this search has been difficult given the current market conditions. While we won't give up, I am wanting to explore the option of purchasing land to build multiple glamp sites, small structures and eventually a small site built home (I know this can take TIME).

While the long term goal is building a small STR business to transcend reliance on my W2 income, in the short term I aim to learn as much as I can while building toward this goal. That being said, I would love to connect with those of you in the STR world in the area and open to getting involved in areas of need where I could provide value as I learn.

0Reply
29 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 82 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    Have you looked in Dover or Buchanan TN, outside of Clarksville? Properties on and near Kentucky Lake but still in Tennessee. We’ve considered doing similar in that area. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Caleb Williams

    Look at what Woodland Street partners built at the corner of Rosebank and Riverside in east Nashville. 



    999 RIVERSIDE DR

    In terms of doing this sort of thing in metro Nashville it will be an uphill battle all the way. You would have to get commercial land to be able to STR, then you have to get the city to agree to allow you to build tiny homes. They probably won't as they consider it a "camp ground".

    Definitely look as far outside of metro as you can. 

  • Investor · Nashville, TN ( Gallatin - Henderson - Lebanon - Nolensville · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    let me know who you find and thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Eddyville, KY · Member since 2019 · 33 posts · 19 votes
    4y

    Hi! I am about 1.5 hours from Nashville and I live in a town called Eddyville on Lake Barkley. Lake Barkley goes into Kentucky Lake which was referred earlier. I agree and would look a little outside of Nashville. I have a lot of trouble as well with contractors. I am specifically looking for someone to build, buy and rent out tiny homes in my mobile home lot. We have about 7 lots vacant and would love for investors to put their mobile home or tiny homes on our lot and they can rent out from our property. Let me know if you do find anyone building tiny homes for less than 30k. I would be interested as well. :) Let me know if you would like to chat. I am happy to help in any way I can.

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Caleb Williams any update on your project? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.