Hello! I have two questions. My family and I are considering living around Knoxville area. We have two small children. We would like to buy a farm, 20+ acres.
1. What areas should we look in to find 20+ acres that might be a good , rural community?
2. We are interested in Brrrr deals, what areas should we research?
Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
Hi Angela,
Try using the lanwatch website there is a lot of acreage for sale in TN Knoxville as well. If your looking to build or finance just be careful as a lot of banks and lenders (but not all) do not lend on over 20 acres. If they do they will not give value to anything over 8-10 acres unless of course you are buying "All Cash". Just wanted to mention that if you were going to buy and build and then look to sell. Where it makes sense is if you can "Sub-Parcel" out the lands into lots.
Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
Hi Angela,
Try using the lanwatch website there is a lot of acreage for sale in TN Knoxville as well. If your looking to build or finance just be careful as a lot of banks and lenders (but not all) do not lend on over 20 acres. If they do they will not give value to anything over 8-10 acres unless of course you are buying "All Cash". Just wanted to mention that if you were going to buy and build and then look to sell. Where it makes sense is if you can "Sub-Parcel" out the lands into lots.
Realtor · Gatlinburg, TN · Member since 2018 · 261 posts · 155 votes
4y
basically any direction but northwest and southwest. if you pull google maps, you'll see two smaller cities in both directions. there are plenty of farms there, but lots of home builders have bought up family owned farm land and converted into subdivisions b/c we honestly have so many people moving here that we are in desperate need for homes so large acre plots are becoming a bit scarce. reach out if you need more help.
Developer · Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 2 votes
4y
I would look around Maryville. If you don't mind the drive some nice areas and farms for sale between Knoxville and Chattanooga. Probably more locations worth investigating but I'm not as familiar with other areas. Also a BRRRR investor and we have small kids as well. Great place for families. Would be interested in connecting if you end up making the move. Several good meet ups in Knoxville as well.
Hello! I have two questions. My family and I are considering living around Knoxville area. We have two small children. We would like to buy a farm, 20+ acres.
1. What areas should we look in to find 20+ acres that might be a good , rural community?
2. We are interested in Brrrr deals, what areas should we research?
Thank you!
Angela
Hey Angela, I just did a quick MLS search with a minimum of 15 acres and turned up a small handful of properties. Don’t know your budget, but there are a few reasonably priced options out there. David is correct, look around Loudon, Lenoir City, and then down the I-75 corridor depending on your tolerance for distance from Knoxville. I saw one, 151 Gray Knob Rd in Kingston that caught my eye. Don’t hesitate to reach out. I love this stuff.