Houston Newbie Wholesaler looking for closing advice

Houston Newbie Wholesaler looking for closing advice

Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 4 votes

Hello! I am new to wholesaling.  I have my plan in place, but contracts and closing have me baffled.  I know there have been some recent changes to the law around wholesaling and just not sure how to handle the legal stuff.  If a local Houston wholesaler would be kind enough to share info on correct forms and how closing is supposed to work here, I would  be very appreciative.  Thanks!

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
8y

Use the TREC contract, disclose to all parties you are wholesaling and that will keep you out of trouble.

Send the contracts to Patten law firm, texas american title and they will take care of you.  (im in no way affiliated with them) but they are good.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    8y

    Use the TREC contract, disclose to all parties you are wholesaling and that will keep you out of trouble.

    Send the contracts to Patten law firm, texas american title and they will take care of you.  (im in no way affiliated with them) but they are good.

  • Rental Property Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 175 posts · 111 votes
    8y

    I used Patten law firm on several of my buys, they have been a great title co to work with.  

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thanks very much for the advice. I appreciate it.

  • Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Just curious...if you don't understand contracts, contract law, title issues, the closing process, etc., why would take on such a thing without some training or using a seasoned partner to help guide you on what to do and not do?

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Why do you draw the conclusion that I have jumped impulsively into this endeavor without any training   simply because I ask a question from a group with more experience?  Everyone starts somewhere.  I am never afraid to ask if I am unsure of something. It is the smart thing to do, imo.

  • Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I recommend Patten Law Firm as well, or Independence Title on T.C. Jester. Both are on top of their game, and understand all the nuances that come with whoelsale deals.

  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Good luck you will do great!! and jumping right in is the best way to GO!!! title companies are there to help you looks like you found one GREAT ... go get those deals.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thank you Violetta! And also to everyone for offering great advice. I appreciate it.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Hello, I am new to BP and have an interest in wholesaling in the Houston area. Can anyone recommend a good source for reading up on the latest laws concerning wholesaling? Not sure whether a wholesale license is required in Texas when buying and selling real estate. Thanks!
  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 12 votes
    8y

     Leslie...There is not a wholesaling "license" in any State that I know of.  There are many recourses  for learning about the business this is just a minor one. Great videos try YouTube the "Wholesale to Millions"  channel he is pretty good at showing you a picture about the day to day and what to expect.... and does great live videos on Fridays ..you can ask questions he has covered everything if you look at his previous videos as well.   Also the "Flipman wholesaler" different but informative...and there is a good book you can get on Amazon $9  I have it on Kindle..."If you can not wholesale after this I've got nothing for you"  my Thomas Flemming  I believe if you start with these you will know if this is the career for you or not ...all very honest> Good luck.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Thanks for the recommendations Violetta! I will be sure to view this content.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.