Fremont, CA · Member since 2017 · 46 posts · 7 votes
Hi All,
Just purchased some single family. However, the appraised value from appraisal district is higher than purchase price. Want to protest the property tax, but didn't get the notice with ifile number. I believe the notice was sent to the seller.
Is there anything I can do to protest the property tax?
Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 234 posts · 145 votes
7y
@Yaping Zhang you can go to county website and you can down load protest form from there. If you have purchased from MLS/some kind of platform then contest is easy which will be showing you closing statement and if not then need to pull comps and file a protest . They would typically go down a bit during first round and you need more then you need to contest in front of a board.
Also, if you dont want to do all theses then you can fire tax appraisal folks who would split 50/50 of all savings.
Fremont, CA · Member since 2017 · 46 posts · 7 votes
7y
Thanks, @Shahriar Khan. I wanted to file the protest online first, but cannot get ifile number given the ownership information is not updated on county website yet..
Maybe I need to call the appraisal district to get the ifile number..