Buying Cuban Homes, Uncharted Waters

Buying Cuban Homes, Uncharted Waters

Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 8 votes

Hey just joined up on BP,

I am talking with some people about buying an apartment in Cuba, I know that there are some legit websites out there that help facilitate the deal for foreign investors, like http://www.point2cuba.com/?lang=en.  

But I am looking to go through this other website that has far cheaper apartments, http://cubahomeforsale.com/default.html.  I was wondering if any of you have info about this topic and if there are scammer websites out there.  

For instance there are apartments for sale on CubaHomeForSale.com in the hundreds of dollars, listed next to apartments in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.  

I talked to them on the phone and still am not entirely sure, I am new to real estate and wanted to check with some reliable experts. 

Does anyone have any info on this??? Brandon Turner??

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Upstate, NY · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
11y

I spent 1 month there back in the early '80's on my Aust. passport & also picked up a little of Russian by necessity.

One intriguing issue I found in coastal construction, particularly the various early 1920's Mansions, was the structural failure of the cement used. We later found that the cement was originally mixed with salt water & hence the issue. The old Dupont mansion is a perfect example.

I had returned several times since & find the place to be an amazing time warp, (over run with Canadians), that has so much potential & great people. But I would be more interested in buying a tobacco farm as their cigars are still world class.

However, I doubt if we will see that in my life time.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.