Free Offsite rehab workshop 3pm, Sunday Oct 9th 2016 in NE DC

Free Offsite rehab workshop 3pm, Sunday Oct 9th 2016 in NE DC

Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 48 votes

Greetings:

I hope all is well and circumstances are favorable.

As promised and per many people’s request, I will hold another free event at one my recently completed NE Washington DC rehab projects next Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 3pm. The house is located opposite Kenilworth Park in the Eastland Gardens neighborhood of NE Washington - a quiet, well-established and very desirable part of NE DC. This neighborhood is truly one of those hidden gems scattered around Washington DC and is destined for growth.

Looking back on this major $160,000 rehab, I can confidently say there were many lessons learned in the course of completing this project and I am looking forward to sharing some of these experiences next Sunday.

Since the last rehab workshop was very successful, I am proposing to repeat the format of Sunday’s workshop to include more time for networking and interaction amongst attendees. The proposed format will be as follows:

  • 1.Welcome and property walk-thru: You are encouraged to conduct an informal room-by-room walk-thru and to check out the house
  • 2.Education – Review how the property was located, financed, renovated, marketed and sold or rented. The focus will be on providing practical real world information about the nuts and bolts of this project along with the good, bad, ugly and lessons learned
  • 3.Light refreshments and networking: Meet, greet and mingle – socialize and network with like-minded people that are interested in real estate investing and are striving for financial independence. Meet new contacts and do business. Whether you’re an investor (beginner, intermediate or seasoned), service provider (e.g. realtor, contractor, lender, appraiser, home inspector, architect, attorney, property manager etc.) or just trying to “figure it out” there will be attendees that can help you and/or who you can do business with.

As you can see from the link below, we were able to transform this house into a beautiful home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VqwIzyk83M

As part of the marketing campaign for this project, we produced professional grade virtual tours of the house in its before and after condition.

Before: http://properties.houselens.com/34365/1205+4th+Street+NE%2C+DC+20019

After: http://properties.houselens.com/44419/1205+40th+St+NE%2C+Washington+DC+20019

Since this is a buy and hold property (i.e. a long term portfolio rental), – during Sunday’s workshop, I will discuss, amongst other things, why this exit strategy was chosen and some of my landlording strategies.

Similar to the last meeting, the primary workshop goal is to share insights along with the nuts and bolts of how the property was located, financed, rehabbed, marketed and rented. I will discuss the good, the bad and the ugly along with many lessons learned – and there are lots.

Come meet and network with other like-minded people. The session is free and will be 100% education – there are no hidden agendas and no selling.

If interested in attending the October 9th session -- please RSVP via the following link:

https://www.picatic.com/event14749919786010

I hope to see you next Sunday and I strongly encourage you to set aside time in your busy schedule attend. I envision another good turnout. You will not be disappointed.

To your success.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph Asamoah, PhD., MBA

0Reply
31 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2016 · 84 posts · 26 votes
    10y

    Cool, sounds fun. I'll be there.

  • Wendell HallPro Member
    Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 43 votes
    10y

    Very nice work. I will try to make it on Sunday. I have two rentals in that zip code and I'm familiar with the neighborhood. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 48 votes
    10y

    Great. Hope to see you there. Based on past experience over 60 people typically attend so it will be a great opportunity to learn and network with like minded people.

    Regards,

    Joe

  • Glenn Dale, MD · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Joseph Asamoah whenever you have another workshop, please do share! I'd be very interested in attending.

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 48 votes
    9y

    No problem - will do. It was a great event. over 65 attended. I will send an announcement prior to the next workshop - probably in 2-3 weeks at another of my Washington DC properties.

    Regards,

    Joe

  • Real Estate Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2016 · 84 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    Can't wait.

  • Glenn Dale, MD · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Great to hear

  • Washington, DC · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Hi @Joseph Asamoah -

    Any upcoming workshops? i'd love to attend one.

    Shakara 

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 48 votes
    9y

    I have one another event this Sunday (February 19th @ 3pm). 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/41...

    Please RSVP at the above link. Hope to see you.

    Regards,

    Joe

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.