Hey Upstate! Looking to connect.

Hey Upstate! Looking to connect.

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 4 votes

I'd like to introduce myself to this forum and see what kind of opportunities are out there. I am 21 year old currently living in Saratoga Springs and will be starting my final year of college this fall at Binghamton University. I study computer/data science with a concentration in geographical data. 

Over the past year I have become obsessed with REI, from flipping to short-term/long-term rentals- you name it. Although I've spent countless hours on the forums and listening to BP Podcast, I have no real experience in the business.

I'd love to connect with anyone involved or just interested in REI in Upstate New York and talk about some real estate. I also have an interest in the rehab/construction/budgeting side of things as well.

Thanks

-Colton 

4Reply
69 views

Most Popular Reply

Albany, NY · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 9 votes
6y

HI all ... I'm in the Albany, NY area looking to connect as well.   Sounds like there are more active BP members in the area than I had noticed prior.   Would love to chat.   I would be willing to host a Zoom intro call if there are others who are interested.  At the very least to meet and talk about aspirations and challenges starting out.  Let it evolve from there.   I'm new as well ... currently on the hunt for my 1st house.

See this reply in the discussion

51 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Caledonia, NY · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Hi Colton, I am just south of Rochester and also interested in the same but have not yet purchased anything. If you haven't listened yet the Podcast "Real Estate Rookie " host, Ashley does a lot of work out of Buffalo, its a great Podcast. There is also a local group that has a zoom meeting, PM me if interested.

  • Matthew Irish-JonesBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Buffalo, NY · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Colton Hart welcome to BP. I’m active on RE in Buffalo NY, feel free to reach out.

    Irish Jones Realty4.947 Reviews
    View Page
  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 422 posts · 210 votes
    6y

    Hey Colton, I’m not sure how far your “upstate” ranges, but I am located in Buffalo. I’m looking forward to connecting with you. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Upstate, NY · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    We're here in Niagara, Erie & Orleans counties.

    "...I study computer/data science with a concentration in geographical data...." 

    Geology Rocks

    BUT

    Geography's where it's at !!!

  • Attorney · Binghamton, NY · Member since 2016 · 127 posts · 84 votes
    6y

    @Colton Hart Binghamton here... feel free to connect.

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2015 · 499 posts · 169 votes
    6y

    Im in Rochester ny let me know if you have questions

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Hi! I'm looking to connect as well.. outside of work there isn't many people to talk about RE and I really love to talk and learn about it! @Jim Bice what's the local group? I'd like to be part of it too.

    I just bought my first house-hack but I'm pretty new to this too!

    Thanks!

    Irene B.

  • Rochester, NY · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hi @Colton Hart, glad I found this post! I'm from Rochester area and am also a complete newbie. I'd love to connect and talk about entry strategies as I'm still figuring out how to go about my first property purchase. I'm fascinated with all the different ways to go about REI, especially house hacking and the BRRRR method.

    It’s cool that you’ve found interest in real estate investing even before finishing college!

  • Specialist · Rochester, NY · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Colton Hart hey man, here in Rochester. Feel free to contact me anytime.

  • Investor · Malta, NY · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Hi Colton!

    I am also in the Saratoga Springs area!

    I have been following BP for a while now but never really jumped in to connect!

    I too am looking to start a life in real estate with interest in the construction part of flips!

    Following this post to connect with more local people who have found success in the upstate area (Saratoga and lower Washington county)

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Amanda Done Hi Amanda.  I'm in Saratoga Springs, NY.  I would love to connect with you!

  • Albany, NY · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    HI all ... I'm in the Albany, NY area looking to connect as well.   Sounds like there are more active BP members in the area than I had noticed prior.   Would love to chat.   I would be willing to host a Zoom intro call if there are others who are interested.  At the very least to meet and talk about aspirations and challenges starting out.  Let it evolve from there.   I'm new as well ... currently on the hunt for my 1st house.

  • Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Felix Ortiz:

    HI all ... I'm in the Albany, NY area looking to connect as well.   Sounds like there are more active BP members in the area than I had noticed prior.   Would love to chat.   I would be willing to host a Zoom intro call if there are others who are interested.  At the very least to meet and talk about aspirations and challenges starting out.  Let it evolve from there.   I'm new as well ... currently on the hunt for my 1st house.

     Hi Felix, I am a newbie and I would love to connect with those who are working in the Albany, NY area. A Zoom call is a great idea to start with. 

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    @Felix Ortiz I'd definitely be interested as well, in the Albany area!

  • Real Estate Agent · Albany, NY · Member since 2017 · 309 posts · 149 votes
    6y

    Hi everyone, I'm an agent and investor in the Albany, NY area. Would love to be a part of this call too to learn and share experiences!

  • Albany, NY · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    Sounds like we may have a handful of people who would be willing to do a Zoom session in the Albany/Saratoga region.   For those interested send me a private message with some time slots and I can setup the 1st one.   Excited to connect with others and share ideas.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2020 · 50 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    Hey everyone--I'm currently in Westchester and am interested in upstate investing. I'd love to get in on this call!

  • Albany, NY · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    I scheduled a 40 minute meet and greet for October 1st at 6:00pm EST.   DM me for the link ... Nothing formal for now.   Just answer 3 questions 

    1 - Name/Occupation

    2 - Real Estate background if any

    3 - What are you looking to get out of a Zoom meeting like this ...

    From there we can share current experiences, concerns, stories ... Just get to know one another and go from there.   Looking forward to it.   Talk soon.

    Felix

  • Investor · Massapequa Park, NY 11762 · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Felix Ortiz

    I’m from Long Island, but looking to do some investing upstate, my aunt lives in Albany. Around there seemed like a good fit. Can I come to the party too?😂😂

  • Albany, NY · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    All ... I created a Zoom event for us ... Go here to sign up and put it on your calendar.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenlawn, NY · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Felix Ortiz

    Hello- I’m out in Long Island and have been tracking the Albany area for the past couple of month’s. Looking to pull trigger on first property in 2021. Going to be jumping on the zoom call. Very interested in hearing others insights. Thanks for putting together.

  • Investor · Massapequa Park, NY 11762 · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @RIch Biggica

    Hey Rich, I’m also on the island looking into Albany. Where abouts on Long Island are you?

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenlawn, NY · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Scott Justynowicz

    I live in Greenlawn.

  • Investor · Massapequa Park, NY 11762 · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @RIch Biggica

    Massapequa Park

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenlawn, NY · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Scott Justynowicz

    Unfortunately not much by us to invest in!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.