How much to charge for rent?

2 Replies

So we won in auction our first investment property. It's a duplex in Northeast Ohio, set on 5 acres in the country. It sits about 500 feet off the road and it's pretty quiet.

Each side is 3 bed / 2 bath. In the basement of the left side, three MORE bedrooms were built before we bought the property, but they can very well be offices or "man-caves" etc. On the right side of the duplex there is just 1 extra room in the basement.

Each side also has all appliances minus dishwashers, hardwood/laminate floors besides carpet in the bedrooms that we just replaced, and wood fire fireplaces.

We are wondering how much we should be charging for this, because it's not quite a normal city duplex. They have a decent sized yard, and a huge porch on the front and back.

By the end of getting it ready to rent out, we will have ~90k invested total.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

No I haven't. I was hoping someone has owned something like this before. I'll start searching.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.