A smaller community bank is being acquired in NEPA

A smaller community bank is being acquired in NEPA

Rental Property Investor · York, PA · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 11 votes

I was disappointed when I was informed that Landmark Community Bank is being acquired by Fidelity D & D Bancorp Inc. From my experience anytime a smaller community bank is acquired by a larger publicly traded bank, the customer service declines for customers that are small real estate investors (like myself). My primary contact at Landmark has already resigned and is no longer with Landmark. I have begun the process to refinance my existing loans with Landmark to another local bank in the NEPA area. I have found success in establishing relationships with smaller community banks and credit unions. I wanted to create a post to inform anyone else who may be banking with Landmark Community Bank.

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Wilkes-Barre, PA · Member since 2014 · 179 posts · 42 votes
    5y

    @Bryan Smith Landmark was publicly traded also before the acquisition. There are some really good local banks here in NEPA that work with RE investors. If you need contact information, please PM me. 

  • Rental Property Investor · York, PA · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    @Kevin D.  Yes, Landmark is publicly traded.  Fidelity is close to $2 billion in asset size and Landmark is (approximately) $300 million in asset size.  In my experience the larger the financial institution, the worse the customer service is to smaller real estate investors.  Thank you for offering some recommendations.      

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.