User Stats

Votes
Dustin Bank
Votes |
Investing in Saint Louis

Dustin Bank
Posted Feb 8 2020, 07:21

Hi everyone!

My name is Dustin Bank, I'm new to real estate investing, but learning quickly. I'm planning to make my first LTR property within the next 6 months and in the meantime working toward that goal by building great contacts, educating myself as much as humanly possible, and securing a $150k HELOC. My strategy will be to use the HELOC to purchase single/multi-family properties under market value that need repairs and renovation, make the necessary improvements, then refinance into a Mortgage (with forced equity), and rent for cash flow.

I'm originally from the great state of Colorado, but have been living in Nashville, TN for several years now. While the real estate market is HOT in Nashville, the price inflation and lack of inventory have caused me to consider other markets. I've decided to invest in Saint Louis, MO because of it's lower entry price and high potential for cash flow. Plus, I'm familiar with the city (my wife is from there and we visit often) and, frankly, I just love StL! Love the people, the places and the culture - the most underrated city in America, in my humble opinion.

If anyone has suggestions or connections for investing in the Saint Louis area, I'd be super grateful for the insight! I'm currently trying to build connections, in order to have a good team on the ground (since I'll be investing from a distance). I'm looking to connect with Investment Realtors, Property Managers, Contractors and Wholesalers. Especially in regards to the South City area, but looking elsewhere in the city/county, too. I'm interested in purchasing under $100K for this first property, and being all-in after repairs/renovation under $150k.

Looking forward to getting started!

- Dustin

Loading replies...