Deal? Property Tax Appeal?

Deal? Property Tax Appeal?

Rental Property Investor · Hollis, NH · Member since 2013 · 78 posts · 7 votes

I am considering a deal on a property for a flip where the taxes are higher than normal. The town has the house assessed at $212k and the taxes are $6500/year. I can pick up the place for around $48k. Repair costs should be about $18k-$20k.

I talked to a local realtor and he said the ARV is about $120. I would put it closer to $100k. The house next door has been on the market since March and is listed for $140k and still has not sold.

From a potential buyer standpoint, the taxes can make a big difference since it can raise or lower the monthly payment dramatically. Just curious what the success rate is trying to get property taxes lowered? If I can get them lowered, that should make selling it easier.

0Reply
3 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.