Sober living house

Sober living house

Amanda PaugasPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Vernon Rockville, CT · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 14 votes

Does anyone have experience with owning/managing sober living houses? I’m looking at a portfolio of three homes, buying both the buildings and the business. Quick analysis yields a 16% cap rate, just wondering if anyone has experience with logistics In running these places, paying staff, rent collection, etc. Thanks!

4Reply
324 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
3y

@Amanda Paugas I had one all set up until Covid hit and changed my plans.

I was partnering with Oxford House.  I think they operate in 36 states.

I would lease the house to them for an estimated but not guaranteed $x per room.   They apply their house rules to the guests so you aren't stuck trying to evict one that relapsed.   They can remove a guest in 2 hours if needed. 

They require meetings where the house chores and costs are divied up, a house mgr in charge, all that.   The guests pay Oxford, Oxford pays you.    Seemed like they had the process down.  

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Hayward, CA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Also open to hearing more. I had a brief chat with a representative from Oxford House but it was hard to get specifics when it came down to numbers. Open to investing in a couple of properties in a location where this is needed and provide the furnishings but also want to make certain the numbers make sense to lease out so it is a win:win all around. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.