Financing First Deal-Private Money

Financing First Deal-Private Money

Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 4 votes

Hello all. I had a great meet-up last night with fellow BP'ers in the area and it seemed the consensus for a first flip is find something "easy". I think i have found one that has comps in the $200,000+ range and i can get for 140's. I'm trying to find ways to finance it unconventionally because I don't want to hold onto it for 6+ months. Here are some details.

Sales Price: let's say 145k

Closing Cost: 3,000 (i'm rolling in my 3% realtor commission to closing costs as well)

Renovation needed: 15k

RE Tax: 450/month

Insurance: 150/month guess

ARV: $205,000. A house 2 blocks away with same floorplan and sq footage sold at this price in 5 days.

Here is the tricky part. I have about 15k cash to play with. Would a private lender be willing to take that 15k as a down payment on a $145k loan? Is an interest only, 10%, loan appropriate? How else can i structure it to make it attractive?

I see monthly payments playing out this way.

Interest from loan: $1,450

Tax-$450

Insurance-$150

Utilities: $50

Total: $2,100 a month * 3 months to flip= 6600 carrying costs

So in the end:

$205,000 sales price

less commission: $12,300

less closing cost: $5,000

less seller assist: $3,000

Total: 184700

Profit: $1847,00-$169,600= $15,100

Obviously not a killer deal but something to get started and experience. The renovations include adding carpet and finishing a dry, w. sump pump basement.

Any advice here is tremendously appreciated.

Aaron

0Reply
6 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Regarding: "Here is the tricky part. I have about 15k cash to play with. Would a private lender be willing to take that 15k as a down payment on a $145k loan?"

    That's only 10% down. (strike 1.) It sounds like you have limited experience, and possible not done a flip before, whcih adds risk to the lender. (strike 2.) It also seems that this project would need additional capital ("15k cash to play with..." is the down payment, and "Renovation needed: 15k" comes from ?...) to complete the project. (strike 3.)

    There may be a lenient private lender out there (family?) that would lend to you, but I think this is a tough sell.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.