Residential - to - commercial remodel / Value add $500K

Residential - to - commercial remodel / Value add $500K

Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 6 votes

Investment Info:

Office Space commercial investment investment in Gallatin.

Purchase price: $485,000
Cash invested: $125,000

This property was zoned residential and commercial. It is a 2000 sq ft cottage-style home that was used as a residential home. I purchased it at $485,000 ( asking price $550,000). We put $165,000 into the remodel and conversion to a commercial property. After the remodel, we refinanced with a commercial loan and recouped the cash we put into the remodel. Current value: $950,000 -$1,050,000

My psychotherapy practice (www.tnmentalwellness.com) rents this space from our rental property LLC.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I drove by the property, it was near my psychotherapy office. It was for sale by owner. I met with the owner 4 times, walked the space, and talked to her about her motivation to sell the property. I learned that she was most motivated by selling and moving quickly, so I offered $65,000 less than asking, but with no inspection and no contingencies.

How did you finance this deal?

Residential convential loan for the purchase, then after the remodel we refinanced with a commercial loan and cashed out our remodel investment.

How did you add value to the deal?

We remodeled the home, turned it into a 5-office commercial property, added a parking lot. Increased the value $400,000 - $500,000.

1Reply
7 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.