Homerun SUBTO deal.

Homerun SUBTO deal.

Member since 2025 路 8 posts 路 1 vote

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Chicago.

Purchase price: $169,000
Cash invested: $15,000

Took down an amazing SUBTO deal. Renovated and rented the property. Making $500/month in CASHFLOW. My CoC is double digit (obviously)!
I have over $50K in EQUITY in less than 3 months of acquiring said property, and the property is appreciating over 3% PER MONTH, month over month...INCREDIBLE!
Now, I am on to bigger and better deals. Shifting focus to MF, Commercial deals. Very interested in SYNDICATION, and connecting with more wholesalers

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Creative finance is the only clear path to scaling a LEGACY buy and hold portfolio.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

A wholesaler brought it to me after the original buyer fell out. I moved very fast on EVERYTHING from inspection to getting on the phone with local property managers. I found many things that would scare the heck out of other investors and used that as leverage to get the assignment fee down from $20K to $5K!!!!

How did you finance this deal?

I used my own savings.

How did you add value to the deal?

I put in a new HVAC, and remodeled the kitchen. Brand new stainless steel appliances, washer and dryer, fresh paint...
The kitchen is absolutely UNRECOGNIZABLE if you see the before and after photos.

What was the outcome?

HOMERUN DEAL!

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Too many to list here, but I will be uploading videos of this deal on my YT channel and social media.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I worked with ana amazing wholesaler, and several Top Tier Transactional Coordinators, a property management company, a great handyman, and an attorney. Every single one of them played a crucial role in getting this deal to the finish line, and getting the property stabilized and rented.

1Reply
54 views

Most Popular Reply

Stephen MoralesBusiness Member
Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2025 路 402 posts 路 205 votes
1y
Quote from @Mark Klinkov:

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Chicago.

Purchase price: $169,000
Cash invested: $15,000

Took down an amazing SUBTO deal. Renovated and rented the property. Making $500/month in CASHFLOW. My CoC is double digit (obviously)!
I have over $50K in EQUITY in less than 3 months of acquiring said property, and the property is appreciating over 3% PER MONTH, month over month...INCREDIBLE!
Now, I am on to bigger and better deals. Shifting focus to MF, Commercial deals. Very interested in SYNDICATION, and connecting with more wholesalers

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Creative finance is the only clear path to scaling a LEGACY buy and hold portfolio.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

A wholesaler brought it to me after the original buyer fell out. I moved very fast on EVERYTHING from inspection to getting on the phone with local property managers. I found many things that would scare the heck out of other investors and used that as leverage to get the assignment fee down from $20K to $5K!!!!

How did you finance this deal?

I used my own savings.

How did you add value to the deal?

I put in a new HVAC, and remodeled the kitchen. Brand new stainless steel appliances, washer and dryer, fresh paint...
The kitchen is absolutely UNRECOGNIZABLE if you see the before and after photos.

What was the outcome?

HOMERUN DEAL!

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Too many to list here, but I will be uploading videos of this deal on my YT channel and social media.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I worked with ana amazing wholesaler, and several Top Tier Transactional Coordinators, a property management company, a great handyman, and an attorney. Every single one of them played a crucial role in getting this deal to the finish line, and getting the property stabilized and rented.


 Congrats Mark, that is definitely a BIG WIN! What's your youtube channel? 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stephen MoralesBusiness Member
    Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2025 路 402 posts 路 205 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Mark Klinkov:

    Investment Info:

    Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Chicago.

    Purchase price: $169,000
    Cash invested: $15,000

    Took down an amazing SUBTO deal. Renovated and rented the property. Making $500/month in CASHFLOW. My CoC is double digit (obviously)!
    I have over $50K in EQUITY in less than 3 months of acquiring said property, and the property is appreciating over 3% PER MONTH, month over month...INCREDIBLE!
    Now, I am on to bigger and better deals. Shifting focus to MF, Commercial deals. Very interested in SYNDICATION, and connecting with more wholesalers

    What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

    Creative finance is the only clear path to scaling a LEGACY buy and hold portfolio.

    How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

    A wholesaler brought it to me after the original buyer fell out. I moved very fast on EVERYTHING from inspection to getting on the phone with local property managers. I found many things that would scare the heck out of other investors and used that as leverage to get the assignment fee down from $20K to $5K!!!!

    How did you finance this deal?

    I used my own savings.

    How did you add value to the deal?

    I put in a new HVAC, and remodeled the kitchen. Brand new stainless steel appliances, washer and dryer, fresh paint...
    The kitchen is absolutely UNRECOGNIZABLE if you see the before and after photos.

    What was the outcome?

    HOMERUN DEAL!

    Lessons learned? Challenges?

    Too many to list here, but I will be uploading videos of this deal on my YT channel and social media.

    Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

    I worked with ana amazing wholesaler, and several Top Tier Transactional Coordinators, a property management company, a great handyman, and an attorney. Every single one of them played a crucial role in getting this deal to the finish line, and getting the property stabilized and rented.


     Congrats Mark, that is definitely a BIG WIN! What's your youtube channel? 

  • Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2024 路 17 posts 路 9 votes
    1y

    Big win, your team is everything so glad to see you utilize a team and not try to do it all on your own, and show the success it can bring

    • Member since 2025 路 8 posts 路 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Timothy Harstead:

      Big win, your team is everything so glad to see you utilize a team and not try to do it all on your own, and show the success it can bring


      Thank you Tim! It was a team effort. And I would love to JV with likeminded individuals. I really want to do some Commercial MF deals. I am new to Bigger Pockets who would you suggest I connect with to expedite my journey?

  • Eudith VacioPro Member
    Real Estate Agent 路 Chicago & NWI 路 Member since 2015 路 860 posts 路 521 votes
    1y

    Hey Mark! 馃槂

    That is amazing to hear - I love the profile photo btw! Where in Chicago did you acquire this deal?

    • Member since 2025 路 8 posts 路 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Eudith Vacio:

      Hey Mark! 馃槂

      That is amazing to hear - I love the profile photo btw! Where in Chicago did you acquire this deal?


      Thank you Eudith, I am a single father operating 3 businesses. My son is my incredible source of motivation. Let's connect. I am looking to meet more wholesalers, and investors that would consider JV'ing on deals with me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.