My First Investment Property

My First Investment Property

Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 5 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence fix & flip investment.

Purchase price: $117,000
Cash invested: $44,000

My first fix and Flip property set to profit $80,000

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

The potential profit

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found this on the MLS and submitted a strong offer beating all other offers in the highest and best battle

How did you finance this deal?

private lender

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I am a knowledgeable real estate agent which a is beneficial for investing.

5Reply
52 views

Most Popular Reply

Jaycee GreenePro Member
Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
1y

Hi @Christina McCumbee, welcome to the BP Forum! How much did you have to spend on the rehab and how long will/did it take? What are you going to list the property for? What were your loan terms?

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y

    Hi @Christina McCumbee, welcome to the BP Forum! How much did you have to spend on the rehab and how long will/did it take? What are you going to list the property for? What were your loan terms?

    • Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 5 votes
      1y

      @Jaycee Greene $82,000 for Rehab. I will be listing it on the MLS, I'm a real estate agent and my Loan Terms with a private lender: 80% of the purchase price and 100% of the rehab cost borrowed. 5 points paid upfront with 3 months 10% interest only payments paid upfront. These terms will change with more experience. I will have about $225,000 in it total and expected to sell at minimum $325,000.

    • Jaycee GreenePro Member
      Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Christina McCumbee:

      @Jaycee Greene $82,000 for Rehab. I will be listing it on the MLS, I'm a real estate agent and my Loan Terms with a private lender: 80% of the purchase price and 100% of the rehab cost borrowed. 5 points paid upfront with 3 months 10% interest only payments paid upfront. These terms will change with more experience. I will have about $225,000 in it total and expected to sell at minimum $325,000.

      @Christina McCumbee Congrats! Good look to you. What first attracted you to this property?

    • Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 5 votes
      1y

      @Jaycee Greene The area and price of course 

    • Jaycee GreenePro Member
      Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Christina McCumbee:

      @Jaycee Greene The area and price of course 

      @Christina McCumbee Why the area? 

  • Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    The area's that are more desirable than others. A move in ready, single-family ranch style home, in a more rural location in and around where I am located usually see single digit days on market. So, when I looked at this deal I factored in a lot of these things. I definitely do not want the house sitting on the market.

    • Jaycee GreenePro Member
      Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Christina McCumbee:

      The area's that are more desirable than others. A move in ready, single-family ranch style home, in a more rural location in and around where I am located usually see single digit days on market. So, when I looked at this deal I factored in a lot of these things. I definitely do not want the house sitting on the market.

      @Christina McCumbee I totally get it. So, I take it you live in the area?

  • Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    Yes,Within an hour of the property.

  • Lender · Irvine, CA · Member since 2025 · 27 posts · 8 votes
    1y

    Nice first deal, Christina — solid spread between all-in and ARV. Terms are a little pricey, but that's normal starting out. If you can keep your days on market short like you mentioned, looks like a strong win.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.