Outlier Rental Property? 6BR/2BA 2800Sqft

Outlier Rental Property? 6BR/2BA 2800Sqft

Investor · Waterloo, IA · Member since 2012 · 82 posts · 13 votes

Hello,

Looking for a little advice/input on a property I was somewhat intrigued by if not totally considering as a viable option. It is a 6br/2ba house with 2,812sqft. Asking price is $129,900. It is very nicely updated. With a finished basement, new kitchen, hardwood floors, new bathroom, etc. The issue is that I never see a house like this in the area. It's rare to see something over 4BR/2BA 2,000sqft. The 4BR would probably rent for $1,000-$1,100 with nice finishes in the area, maybe more. But do you think there would be a market for a tenant in a higher price range for this type of 6BR/2BA listing? Have you had any similar listings? In the college town next door to us I see 4BR houses renting for $1,400+ to students all the time, do you think I could pull that off being about 10-15 miles from the University? Any input or advice on what else to look for is appreciated. Would love to have this house in the portfolio if it could work financially.

0Reply
7 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.