Duplex that was purchased during the housing market lull.

Duplex that was purchased during the housing market lull.

Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 1 vote

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $244,000

This was originally purchased as a house hack. I have recently read “Rich Dad Poor Dad” and have realized the potential of real estate investing.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Owning a home to live in.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Access to msl sites for local listings

How did you finance this deal?

VA loan

How did you add value to the deal?

Rehab work done by myself

What was the outcome?

2018 produced a passive income of $840/mo

Lessons learned? Challenges?

I’m still figuring them out. Both lessons and challenges

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I’m too new to the game to recommend anyone

0Reply
1 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.