My first purchase, bought it for 45k less than i was allotted

My first purchase, bought it for 45k less than i was allotted

Rental Property Investor · Rochester, NH · Member since 2018 · 58 posts · 39 votes

Investment Info:

Other buy & hold investment in Somersworth.

Purchase price: $89,900
Cash invested: $16,000

Half of a duplex, it's considered a condex. No HOA

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I was limited on options because of the amount I was able to get mortgage for, this home gave me the square footage and bed bath combo I was looking for and was well within my preapproval of 135K

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I had a real estate agent, but I actually found this deal myself on zillow

How did you finance this deal?

Conventional loan through portfolio lender

How did you add value to the deal?

I've painted most of the home, replaced the flooring, turned the outdoor area from dirt lot to green grassy oasis in the city.

What was the outcome?

I still live here. I am currently looking into purchasing the other half of it(he's motivated to sell)

0Reply
5 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.