Prospective commercial tenants have bad Credit

Prospective commercial tenants have bad Credit

Member since 2021 · 30 posts · 2 votes

Trying to make a decision.  Any advice would be helpful. I bought a mixed use property in a very rule town of 3K people. I bought the property for the residential units, but there are a couple small commercial units as well that the town requires are used for a commercial purpose. I was anticipating not even being able to rent out these units, but I put one up for rent at a low price and after a week found some perspective tenants. Everything checks out except they have terrible credit. If this were a residential unit, I would be immediately turn them down, but it is very likely that this unit would either take many months to get tenants in, or it would not fill at all. All my experience is with residential properties so I don't have a great understanding of the difficulty involved with evicting commercial tenants. They mentioned they could get a cosigner. My gutt is telling me to double the deposit and go with it because the realistic alternative is the unit sitting empty. Some more details below. Thanks!

Rent: $450

Deposit: $450

Tenant pays own electric

I pay water

* I need to put $1,000 worth of work in it to get it ready to rent

0Reply
18 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.