Criminal Checks in RentRedi

Criminal Checks in RentRedi

Mariah PiercePro Member
Chicago, IL · Member since 2022 · 33 posts · 12 votes

Hi all, I am using RentRedi for tenant screenings and receive this message for the criminal report for all my applicants: 

A criminal search cannot be completed for your applicant because certain local regulations necessitate the implementation of a 2-phase screening process and confirmation of implementing a 2-phase screening process has not been provided.

I am in Cook County, IL and it recently became law that credit and other screenings have to be reviewed and accepted first before a criminal report can be viewed. It seems that RentRedi sends them all at once and there is a checkbox that appears that says other reports have been reviewed but for some reason it still doesn't generate the report. Am I missing anything? Will I need to do a background check on another platform? I spoke with a friend who uses Tenant Cloud and this is not an issue for him. Appreciate any help and advice.

1Reply
102 views

Most Popular Reply

Head of Corporate Communications · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 1 vote
1y

Mariah - thanks for the update. The issue has been fixed on our end, in case you need to use it in the future. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kevin FarmarBusiness Member
    Chicagoland, IL · Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    I use Listing2Leasing and have not run into this as an issue. Sorry I couldn't provide more feedback. 

  • Head of Corporate Communications · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Hi Mariah,
    Jen here from RentRedi. Thank you for calling this out! I wanted to let you know that our development team is actively working with TransUnion to fix this so that you'll be able to comply with the two-phase screening process and see all of your reports. We'll follow up later this week with an update on progress!

    • Mariah PiercePro Member
      OP
      Chicago, IL · Member since 2022 · 33 posts · 12 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jennifer Tolkachev:

      Hi Mariah,
      Jen here from RentRedi. Thank you for calling this out! I wanted to let you know that our development team is actively working with TransUnion to fix this so that you'll be able to comply with the two-phase screening process and see all of your reports. We'll follow up later this week with an update on progress!

      Thanks so much for looking into this. I had to move to another platform in the meantime as I have a few pending applications with move-in dates approaching and didn't want to delay.
  • Head of Corporate Communications · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Mariah - thanks for the update. The issue has been fixed on our end, in case you need to use it in the future. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.