• Realtor
  • Columbus, IN
Votes |
Which Tenant Do I Choose?

Clayton Miller
  • Realtor
  • Columbus, IN
Posted Aug 12 2020, 13:06

Alright so we are renting out a SF home.  $1,400/mo with 3 Bed and 2 Bath, 1,100sqft.  I've got three candidate, of many, to make a final decision with and I am struggling to make a choice. All have good attribute and bad so here we go.  Please vote A,B, or C and tell me why?  I have been in the landlord game for about 5 years now and am still trying to perfect my tenant selecting abilities. 

A. Chase and Tamika.  Dating for 10 years with a 7 year old and a 12 year old.  They make 3-4 times the rent now due to Tamika picking up a multilevel marketing gig that she has done very well with.  Chase has been working 3 years as a lineman and loves his job. Reference checks out. They are about to break a lease because they were not given a shed that they were promised upon signing of the lease and are now being fined for not putting their items in the shed, that they don't have. 

B. Jacob. Single 26yr old who works as a roof salesman.  He makes 3-4 times rent and has been doing so for 3 years.  His references check out. He is also breaking a lease because there was a shooting at the apartment and he doesn't want to be there anymore.  

C. Brook.  Relationship status is complicated. Will be moving in by herself with her first child on the way in November.  She currently does not work and instead has an inheritance that will pay her 3-4 times rent with the option to have the rent automatically deposited into our account from the financial advisor.  She is moving to a nicer town and was at her previous location for 2 years.  Her BF that "may" move in with her has 4 kids who would be visiting on some weekends.  

As you can see there are very good pieces and some not so good pieces about each.  With all of the Bigger Pockets experience out there can someone please help me decide if I should go with A, B, or C?

thanks,

Loading replies...