Starting a Yellow Letter Campaign Advice "

Starting a Yellow Letter Campaign Advice "

Peoria, IL · Member since 2013 · 967 posts · 383 votes

Starting a yellow letter campaign.  Any Input Advice Appreciated.

I bought a list of homeowners off listsource with the following parameters.  I think Sean Terry said this was close to the best parameters for getting a good response.

City of my choice
Total Assessed Value 0 to $100,000
Property TypeResidential: SFR
Length of Residence10+ Years
(Household) Age65+ Years
ADDRESS-COMPLETENESS Mailing and Property address Complete
CORPORATE-OWNED Exclude

I got 327 from the above criteria for $57.  I plan to mail to 100 at first.  49 cents a stamp.  Total damage about $107.  $107 isn't that much money unless you don't have $107.

I plan to write everything in red pen and I almost failed penmanship growing up - so my writing isn't too good.

Envelope:
My Home Return address - I have some return address stickers laying around I plan to use.
Write their address in red pen.
What color envelope?  Invitation A6?
What stamp should I use?  Spiderman to American flag?

Letter:
I plan on using lined legal paper.

Says:

Dear X,

I would like to $buy$ your house at 123 main street.

Please call me,

Kirk
Google phone number that includes my local area code.

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2014 · 205 posts · 87 votes
11y

@Jon Klaus Invitation envelopes are most commonly associated with good news or with people we know and have a more personal feel. Ex] wedding invitations, birthday cards, thank you cards ect... typically only coming from people you personally know. If you're going with a typed letter i would recommend a #10 as you would want more of a professional touch. Realistically though, a handwritten envelope will get opened no matter what envelope it's in. From there it is the message inside that will determine your response.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.