• Real Estate Agent
  • Charlottesville, VA
Votes |
Outbound call center

David Roy Griffin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlottesville, VA
Posted Mar 4 2019, 13:17

Does anybody use an outbound call center for making cold/warm calls?  I have 1,000 names and numbers that Oped in from Bold Leads  I need to follow up.

User Stats

Votes
David Roy Griffin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlottesville, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlottesville, VA
Replied Mar 9 2019, 08:12

This week I found and interviewed these guys offering calls staring at $5/hr from the Philippines headed up by an American for Texas maned Mack. https://www.facebook.com/derek.sabal.75 

User Stats

Votes
Alan Stalter
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • South Lyon, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • South Lyon, MI
Replied Mar 10 2019, 11:56

What did you think? Is it someone you would hire?

Lyon Properties Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Mullins
  • Investor
  • Cedar Park, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cedar Park, TX
Replied Apr 16 2019, 11:37

Did you ever find a company that you liked. Looks like I'm in the market to hire an outbound call center myself.

User Stats

Votes
TJ Jeff
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 7 2019, 09:40

@Alan Stalter @Michael Mullins Did you end up finding any good Outbound Call Centers to work with? 

thx

tj

User Stats

Votes
CJ M.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Canton, OH
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Canton, OH
Replied Jun 7 2019, 09:56

@David Roy Griffin

Been in the call center industry for 16 years holding different executive positions (even in the Philippines), so I can tell you this is not a good option for a number of reasons.

1. 1,000 names will never bill enough to cover the call centers "hard costs" (training time, dev time, QA, overhead). They would need to charge an upfront set up cost. If they don't trust me, they will cut corners another way and the quality of the calls will be terrible. Some Philippine call centers have dialect training, but I've found it only has a minor impact.

2. Most call centers use a predictive dialer to gain efficencies so their callers don't have "lag time" between calls. 1000 records is too small to run on that platform. Do all the records have phone numbers? Also, when was the last time the numbers were verified as good numbers? A dirty file will be chewed up and spit out in minutes on a predictive dialer.

3. It's just not worth the headache

Happy to answer any other questions you might have.