Seeking Rockville, MD Property Manager

Seeking Rockville, MD Property Manager

Travelle MasonPro Member
Rockville, MD · Member since 2018 · 93 posts · 28 votes

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a few good recommendations for property managers in Rockville, MD. I have a 4bd/2bth with bonus room/office (~1,800 sqft) single fam resident. This is time sensitive so I appreciate all considerations. 


Thanks!

Travelle

0Reply
25 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Washington DC · Member since 2016 · 847 posts · 656 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Travelle Mason:

    Hi folks,

    I'm looking for a few good recommendations for property managers in Rockville, MD. I have a 4bd/2bth with bonus room/office (~1,800 sqft) single fam resident. This is time sensitive so I appreciate all considerations. 


    Thanks!

    Travelle


     Have you considered self managing, stick a lockbox on when there’s an issue call contractor give them the lockbox code, send them over, tell them to send you the bill. That’s what most property managers are going to do anyway. I have a rental in Gaithersburg literally spend probably less than 20 hours a YEAR on it.

  • Tom HarkinsPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · DC Area · Member since 2019 · 101 posts · 54 votes
    4y

    @Travelle Mason I second @Jack Seiden. Montgomery County provides a boilerplate lease - check if you need anything different in Rockville. Self-managing also allows gives you control of screening the tenants. I used Cozy which was acquired by Apartments.com for free.

    If you want to interview PM's, check out Goldberg and Streamline. I had good impressions of both when I was considering hiring someone, but ultimately decided to self-manage my rental in Silver Spring.

  • Travelle MasonPro Member
    OP
    Rockville, MD · Member since 2018 · 93 posts · 28 votes
    4y

    @Tom Harkins and @Jack Seiden, thank you both for input. I actually haven't considered self-managing. I'll consider that a little bit more. I'm honestly slightly intimidated about the prospect of self managing. Also, I'll be moving out of state.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.