Any property managers

Any property managers

New to Real Estate · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 23 votes

Hey all - have a couple of questions around property managers. I have a property in DC that I am renting out by the room and the rooms are all in the middle of their leases with one becoming vacant. For the one room that is ready for rent, I am looking to have someone do showings for the room, so I am wondering: 

- Are there any PMs or companies in the Washington, DC area that would be willing to do showings for prospective tenants if I cover the other management of the property?

- Are there and companies that specialize or work with the rent by the room strategy?

- Are there alternatives to using a PM company for room showings? I have asked my tenants to do so, but found that they are unreliable. 

I have called several companies, and most seem to only rent the entire house, so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    3y

    There are no companies that handle rent by the room.

    Nor do I think there are any PMs that would just show the property and not actually manage it.

  • Real Estate Agent · Washington DC · Member since 2016 · 847 posts · 656 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joseph Ayoub:

    Hey all - have a couple of questions around property managers. I have a property in DC that I am renting out by the room and the rooms are all in the middle of their leases with one becoming vacant. For the one room that is ready for rent, I am looking to have someone do showings for the room, so I am wondering: 

    - Are there any PMs or companies in the Washington, DC area that would be willing to do showings for prospective tenants if I cover the other management of the property?

    - Are there and companies that specialize or work with the rent by the room strategy?

    - Are there alternatives to using a PM company for room showings? I have asked my tenants to do so, but found that they are unreliable. 

    I have called several companies, and most seem to only rent the entire house, so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

    Have you considered just paying your tenants some nominal fee to show it? You’d be surprised how reliable they might become for $20-30 lol. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.