• New to Real Estate
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
Any property managers

Joseph Ayoub
  • New to Real Estate
  • Washington, D.C.
Posted Nov 13 2022, 09:49

Hey all - have a couple of questions around property managers. I have a property in DC that I am renting out by the room and the rooms are all in the middle of their leases with one becoming vacant. For the one room that is ready for rent, I am looking to have someone do showings for the room, so I am wondering: 

- Are there any PMs or companies in the Washington, DC area that would be willing to do showings for prospective tenants if I cover the other management of the property?

- Are there and companies that specialize or work with the rent by the room strategy?

- Are there alternatives to using a PM company for room showings? I have asked my tenants to do so, but found that they are unreliable. 

I have called several companies, and most seem to only rent the entire house, so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Russell Brazil
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
ModeratorReplied Nov 13 2022, 12:02

There are no companies that handle rent by the room.

Nor do I think there are any PMs that would just show the property and not actually manage it.

District Invest Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jack Seiden
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington DC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington DC
Replied Nov 13 2022, 12:23
Quote from @Joseph Ayoub:

Hey all - have a couple of questions around property managers. I have a property in DC that I am renting out by the room and the rooms are all in the middle of their leases with one becoming vacant. For the one room that is ready for rent, I am looking to have someone do showings for the room, so I am wondering: 

- Are there any PMs or companies in the Washington, DC area that would be willing to do showings for prospective tenants if I cover the other management of the property?

- Are there and companies that specialize or work with the rent by the room strategy?

- Are there alternatives to using a PM company for room showings? I have asked my tenants to do so, but found that they are unreliable. 

I have called several companies, and most seem to only rent the entire house, so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you considered just paying your tenants some nominal fee to show it? You’d be surprised how reliable they might become for $20-30 lol. 
  • Real Estate Agent Virginia (#0225260957), District of Columbia (#Sp40001090), and Maryland (#667710)

• Samson Properties
Samson Properties  Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes