Barnstable County, MA Cape Cod February 2021 Property Stats

Barnstable County, MA Cape Cod February 2021 Property Stats

Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes

For those of you that follow the Cape Cod housing market, I thought it would be worthwhile to share the February 2021 housing stats for all of Barnstable County, Massachusetts. Monthly Barnstable county indicators or individual town statistics are also available if anyone wants them, just post the towns and I am happy to upload. Note all data is from Cape Cod and Islands Association of Realtors. 

1Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Yarmouthport, MA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Interesting info.. thanks for sharing. Wild year over year change 

  • Investor · Essex New Jersey · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    I was looking at some general RE Data for mass and was floored to see how many recent all-cash sales there were in Barnstable County Mass
    @Mason Hickman, What all is going on up there, what are the driving forces for so many cash-sells (My NJ county (Essex) has appx. 3/4 times the population but Barnstable County, has more cash sales during the same 12 month period- amazing).

    And I wanted to ask you is there heavy rehab/ fix-and-flipping going on up there or what? Any insight or data is much appreciated. thanks.



    Originally posted by @Mason Hickman:

    For those of you that follow the Cape Cod housing market, I thought it would be worthwhile to share the February 2021 housing stats for all of Barnstable County, Massachusetts. Monthly Barnstable county indicators or individual town statistics are also available if anyone wants them, just post the towns and I am happy to upload. Note all data is from Cape Cod and Islands Association of Realtors. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    5y

    @AJ Jefferson

    That's very interesting information. Anecdotally, we have seen many cash buyers here but I am curious to know where you got the statistics from; I am interested in taking a look for myself. 

    Barnstable county has seen price increases (16.2% YoY change) with a lot of "new money" coming in from other markets. Year over year price increases have outpaced those percentage increases in areas like Suffolk County (4.4% YoY change) where some of the money is fleeing from. Many of the offers are "cash" in order to stay aggressive in a very competitive market. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.