New to Wholesaling – Looking for Mentor or Guidance

New to Wholesaling – Looking for Mentor or Guidance

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I’m new to wholesaling and understand how to find deals, but I need help with contracts, finding cash buyers, and understanding the steps involved in closing. I’m hardworking and eager to learn and I'm looking to connect with someone experienced who can help guide me through my first deal. I’m in the Kannapolis, NC area. Thanks in advance!

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y

    @Josh Barlow

    hello - i would go to meetups and try to meet other people doing what you want to do

    i will caution you that i believe that wholesaling is exceptionally difficult at this time

    there is tremendous competition - you will be up against investors spending thousands or tens of thousands of dollars in marketing a month

    can you get a second job / side hustle, and house hack instead?

    equity = wealth

    good luck

    • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
      1y

      @Nicholas L. 

      Thanks Nicholas, I appreciate the honesty and kind response. I currently work a full-time job and also have a couple of side hustles, but my goal is to build long-term wealth for my family no matter how long it takes. I wasn’t given the opportunity to learn these things growing up, but I know the internet has made knowledge more accessible than ever, and I don’t want to waste that opportunity. That’s why I’m asking questions, trying to connect with others, and exploring all possible ways to break into real estate whether that’s through wholesaling, or something else. I currently own my home. I’m only 29, but financially, I’m not where I think I need to be yet.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.