Human Resources Leader
At BiggerPockets, we are changing real estate, one investor at a time. Our mission is to educate people about real estate and real estate investing. We provide tools, data, and resources to our 440,000 members and our 1.2M monthly unique visitors. Our members are professional real estate investors, homeowners, and other real estate aficionados. In addition to our website, BiggerPockets has the highest rated real estate podcast on itunes and a library of best-selling real estate books.
We have a team of 20 staff today, and we’re growing. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with a bright and open office space in Cherry Creek North. And while we’re passionate about real estate, you will occasionally find us recharging with a game of Boggle while hanging in the office lounge. We work hard while we’re here, and we value our lives beyond work—traveling, skiing, music, outdoors, family, and more.
- We help our members, partners, and staff reach their full potential.
- We do right by our team and our community.
- Life is too short to be dull. We believe in having fun!
- We think outside the box.
- We focus on building strong relationships through honest communication.
- We’re an inclusive community supportive of all ideas.
- We think big.
We are growing fast and want to hire our first Human Resources leader. We are searching for someone energetic and fun who can create the people strategy and culture we need to thrive and grow.
We need someone to design and implement practices to help us attract, train, organize, motivate, and reward our employees. We have some of the basics in place today—payroll, benefits, compliance, etc.—though we want you to review what we have and figure out how to make it better.
While we need someone experienced to manage the basics, we also want someone enthusiastic and strategic to design our people practices—performance management, employee development, recruitment, selection, growth plans, and culture.
This position will report to the CEO and will be based in Denver. If you have the knowledge to do the basics and the ability to help create our future, we want to talk with you.
- Understand our business strategy and our culture. Get to know our employees. Learn about their priorities and challenges. Develop HR strategies that support our goals, build our culture, and make BiggerPockets a great place to work.
- Administer employee compensation and benefit programs. Ensure our practices are fair, competitive with the market, and reward great performance. Administer employee payroll and ensure accuracy.
- Design, plan, and implement a recruitment and onboarding process to identify talented people and prepare them to grow our business.
- Design, plan, and implement approaches to develop our employees in ways that refresh and motivate them.
- Design, plan, and implement a performance management system to help all of us set goals and measure our performance.
- Coach our employees when they are faced with a challenge that affects their work, and handle employee relations as necessary.
- Act as an advisor to our leadership team and to our managers on people-related topics.
- Administer our employment policies. Create a balance between policies that are necessary for a growing business and our casual entrepreneurial environment.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws (in Colorado and other states as necessary).
- Maintain employment records.
- Manage vendor relationships for HR initiatives as necessary.
- Enthusiastically take on other duties necessary to help our business grow.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of HR experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Desired Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of human resources including recruitment, selection, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, labor relations, and employment law.
- Knowledge of business including strategic planning, budget management, vendor management, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to make decisions, plan, and accomplish goals.
- Ability to think critically, using logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person, over the phone, in writing, and in group presentations.
- Ability to effectively connect with others.
- Ability to coach others, facilitate meetings, and manage conflict when necessary.
- Ability to plan and organize several projects at the same time with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use any and all standard business software (Google Apps, MS Office Suite, etc.)
- Real estate experience is a bonus, but not required.
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits and paid time off. Plus all the real estate information you could ever possibly read.
How to Apply:
Please send a PDF version of your resume and cover letter explaining why you are a great candidate for this position to [email protected]
NOTE: Real estate experience is a bonus, but not required.