So my wife and I are starting a new venture into buy and hold SFH real estate. My goal with this blog is to keep all of you posted on the trials and tribulations of a new investor and hopefully this will help you to become a better investor and avoid some of the same mistakes I am sure we will make!
My name is Brady Hanna and my wife's name is Lindsay. We have 2 young children ages 3 & 1. Our oldest, Tyler was diagnosed with Autism at the age of 20 months, and our thought process quickly turned into, "How can we provide for our children long after we are gone?" Having a child with a disability really makes you reevaluate things in your life.
13 years ago I read the book, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and it really changed the way I looked at real estate and life in general. Like many people that read these books, life got in the way and I never ended up doing anything about it in the terms of creating passive income. Now is the time for us though to take action and create a future for our loved ones.
I work for a bank processing company as a vice-president of sales for 40 hours a week, and my wife has a full-time job of being a stay-at-home mom. My son does over 25 hours a week of therapy for his Autism, so she is very busy shuttling my daughter and son around to different therapies and keeping our house in order. God bless her! :)
Where are we at now?
We are just now in the startup process of getting everything in order. Here are our first steps:
1) My wife and I both read the Bigger Pockets Ultimate Beginners Guide to Investing.
2) We decided on the name of our business (I can't tell you yet because we are just starting the process of forming our LLC.) Once I have exact costs on what this is going to cost us I will let you all know.
3) We bought our domain name on www.Godaddy.com. Since we are planning on being around for the long haul, I reserved our domain for 10 years and the cost was a total of $81.70 with tax. (I will tell you our website address once we have locked up the LLC as well).
4) We started the process of creating our website to establish credibility. I am using Google Sites for our website. It is FREE and is extremely easy. You simply pick a pre-made template and if you know how to use Microsoft Word, you can create your own website. I am in the middle of creating the website now, I am estimating a total of 10 hours work to have a finished product.
5) Our next step is to get our business plan in order. I have most of it all up in my noggin right now, and plan on writing it all down on paper within the next week.
I will keep you all posted of our steps after that! Happy Investing! :)