Five Top Traits for Finding a Realtor
Buying a home as a rental or primary is tough enough with all the stresses that go into it and picking the right agent that will help you should be able to reduce all those stresses. This is a guide to get you into the right mindset on the ability to do this and make the right choice when working with the agent that will work hard for you.
The five top traits to look for in an agent
- 1. Organization is a huge one to kick start this topic, you need someone that is not getting lost to houses, lost in the paperwork you send them, or losing any other sensitive document that they need to get you into a home. The organization is key, this goes hand-in-hand on being a professional agent with high standards for yourself and your work. This is also something that goes along way with other agents within the industry that see the organization and that will allow those agents to accept an offer from your agent easier with less obstacles as well.
- 2. Responsive to all clients and quick to answer anything that comes up from the clients. This is a trait that all realtors should have and holding themselves accountable, the vast majority are not doing this for their clients. The average times to get back to a client from an agent is 2-4 hours. Be sure to have an agent that is super quick to getting the info to you that you need, any action on making an offer or negotiating with the other party to get that deal for you quickly too.
- 3. Well-connected within their community and a network of real estate professionals that have a great pulse on the market. These agents that are well connected find good deals off market, know other people that may have a listing coming up soon that they could sell to you and your agent prior to going to the market, and that well connected agent has a long list of good contractors along with vendors to service your home once purchased.
- 4. An agent that knows the area or town that you are looking in by experience of selling in that area, growing up in that area, or working in that area for a long period of time. This is great and super informative for you someone just moving to the area, investing in that area, or needing to know what the best street is to buy on for a family of four people. You as the buyer need to have someone well versed in that area so you know the areas to stay within and the ones to not buy in.
- 5. The agent needs to know investing while all agents know how to put together a purchase agreement and get a seller’s home listed, you need an agent that needs to know working numbers on investments for future numbers or current numbers. It not only brings you value as a client, but it also brings more value to that agent as a person that reps you because they are looking at the house at different angles to purchase the home.
The traits seem to be basic for an agent, these seem too very basic. It is not common to find all these traits within one agent that is why it takes so long to find that perfect balance of knowledge, assertiveness and caring for the situation.