Quality Assurance Engineer
BiggerPockets is looking for a QA mastermind to join our Engineering Team! Your main role is to maintain and improve the quality of our software. You do this by ensuring quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.
You are a fit for this position if you are meticulous when it comes to testing and strive for perfection. You find joy in proving amazing software has room for improvement. You also have the political acumen to work with engineers to fix the defects found with your killer tests.
- You are a creator.
- Design well-structured test plans, set up test environments
- Develop automated tests
- You like to break things.
- Identify, record, document, and track defects
- Execute and maintain automated test suites and provide an analysis of the results
- Conduct black box testing following existing test plans
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- You are a process improver.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Set up processes to conduct ongoing tests and scale QA for BiggerPockets
- Participate in team process improvement; understand the BiggerPockets development lifecycle and contribute to its continuous improvement
- Perform periodic audits to ensure process adherence
- Proven working experience in software QA and development
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with black box testing and automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process; continuous deployment experience a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject or equivalent experience
Please send your cover letter, resume, and any applicable references to jobs [at] biggerpockets.com with the subject: QA Engineer: YOUR NAME.