Votes
Mackaylee Beach
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Aug 14 2023, 09:44

Detailed descriptions definitely help. Adding post to different market groups also helps.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Freeman
Replied Aug 14 2023, 09:52
Quote from @Mackaylee Beach:

Detailed descriptions definitely help. Adding post to different market groups also helps.

Thanks

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Ware
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 14 2023, 10:07

This post is a little vague. What are you trying to accomplish (buy/sell/promote??) You can have luck if you target groups focused on whatever aspect of RE you are looking to. I know many who use these groups to source deals and see many agent selling residential deals on FB. 

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Freeman
Replied Aug 14 2023, 18:51
Quote from @Zachary Ware:

This post is a little vague. What are you trying to accomplish (buy/sell/promote??) You can have luck if you target groups focused on whatever aspect of RE you are looking to. I know many who use these groups to source deals and see many agent selling residential deals on FB. 

It is just a question. I want to know the effectiveness of the marketplace pertaining to real estate.

User Stats

Votes
Byron Valles
Pro Member
  • MSFP, CFP, Financial Advisor
  • San Francisco Bay Area
Votes |
Pro Member
  • MSFP, CFP, Financial Advisor
  • San Francisco Bay Area
Replied Aug 30 2023, 15:53
Quote from @Anthony Freeman:

It is just a question. I want to know the effectiveness of the marketplace pertaining to real estate.

Hey Anthony, 

I've had success finding prospective tenants for a duplex I have in the San Francisco East Bay. I've listed two properties on FB marketplace and have gotten hundreds of inquiries each time. 

Hope this helps. 

Byron

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Freeman
Replied Aug 30 2023, 16:37
Quote from @Byron Valles:
Quote from @Anthony Freeman:

Hey Anthony, 

I've had success finding prospective tenants for a duplex I have in the San Francisco East Bay. I've listed two properties on FB marketplace and have gotten hundreds of inquiries each time. 

Hope this helps. 

Byron

Thanks 

User Stats

Votes
Julien Jeannot#4 House Hacking Contributor
  • CPA, Real Estate Broker & Investor
  • Seattle & Woodinville, WA
Votes |
Julien Jeannot#4 House Hacking Contributor
  • CPA, Real Estate Broker & Investor
  • Seattle & Woodinville, WA
Replied Sep 1 2023, 15:09

For finding qualified tenants, I've not found Facebook to be the most effective marketing channel.

User Stats

Votes
Ned J.
  • Investor
  • Manteca, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Manteca, CA
Replied Sep 1 2023, 15:23

For finding tenants?

I get a TON of traffic from FB marketplace when I post a listing for rent. BUT even having ALL the details in the listing..... requirements etc.... I still get a fair number of tire kickers and dead beats.

So you still have to sift through the people and be vigilant with your screening

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Freeman
Replied Sep 1 2023, 15:34
Quote from @Ned J.:

For finding tenants?

I get a TON of traffic from FB marketplace when I post a listing for rent. BUT even having ALL the details in the listing..... requirements etc.... I still get a fair number of tire kickers and dead beats.

So you still have to sift through the people and be vigilant with your screening

Thank you 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 20 2024, 15:39

"Hi is this listing still available?"

User Stats

Votes
Aleksandar Popivoda
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • NW Indiana
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • NW Indiana
Replied Feb 20 2024, 16:07

I posted three rental listings on FB Marketplace lately and I found it highly ineffective. Almost 95% of the messages are "Hi is this listing still available?" and the rest of them are tire kickers.