Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Asif Gill
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
My first rehab/flip project in Philadelphia

Asif Gill
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Mar 31 2015, 10:46

I finally started my real estate investment career last year when I purchased a single family residence (SFR) in Frankford area, rehabbed and rented it out.

Before I purchased my first rental I was marketing through mailings. I received some responses but nothing concrete. Then in January 2015 someone called me and mentioned my mailing from last Spring. He wanted to sell his inheritance, found my letter at his relative's house.

I was able to purchase the house with cash and am now rehabbing it. I am doing a lot of demo work myself to save on costs (I have the time). Once plumbing, bathrooms and kitchen are completed, and the new home heater is installed (and converted from oil to gas), I will paint it myself, with help from my brother.

Although I'm very busy with a day job and the rehab, I find myself looking for the next project. I have already identified some possible houses that I'm going to see. I will also be sending more mailings within a week or two. I do not have the funds to buy another property yet, but if I find a good enough deal I'll find a way.

BP rocks. Listening to podcasts and reading other's experiences has killed many doubts and cured my analysis paralysis!

Loading replies...