• Real Estate Investor
  • London, England
Votes |
Looking for advice on an offer

Oisin Milne
  • Real Estate Investor
  • London, England
Posted May 24 2015, 06:08

So Here's where I am: today I put in my first bid on a property, master lease with option in 5 years. I massively low-balled the guy as the property is not yet ready and am expecting him to come back with a resounding 'HA! **** no!"

So Yeah, I am trying to figure out what to offer on the rejection when I get it. I don't know anyone locally into real estate as they all seem to just be in charge of talks which they charge an arm and a leg for, while my current day job is min. wage...

User Stats

Votes
Josh Caldwell
  • Investor
  • Dallas TX, United States
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas TX, United States
Replied May 24 2015, 09:28

you dont need a local for advice on making an offer.  you can get help here on BP

I like the master lease with multiple buy options. I would have made it one option but a really long one.  That way I can flip that option contract.

So lets get a bit of info about your deal.

What is his situation, why does he want to sell?

and what is your offer?

to your success

Josh

User Stats

Votes
Oisin Milne
  • Real Estate Investor
  • London, England
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • London, England
Replied May 27 2015, 10:50

Hi Josh.

He wanted to sell because he was paying the mortgage on the property and as I say, it's not going to be available to move tennants in for another six months, so he was losing money month on month.

Spoke to the girl who showed me the listing, apparently he sold for ask8ng price, so someone else now has to worry about dead money for 6 months. *sigh*

The other property I saw (170k, 2/2) closed tuesday for 190.

Maybe just as well, I have just found that I may be moving within the next month, if so, I will be hustling as soon as i get to the next area. Definitely thinking the probate listings will be the way to go up there... *mutters to self like a crazy person*

Thanks for the reply! :-D

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.