Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Emery
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
22 year old thinking about wholesaling lease options

Andrew Emery
  • Chicago, IL
Posted

So this is my story: I just graduated from college and have been extremely interested in REI for about 2 years now. My original plan was to purchase a house using an FHA mortgage and then rent it out while I lived there. However, I got a pretty awesome job offer in Chicago that I really can't refuse so unfortunately I will be paying rent in an apartment. My desire to invest in real estate is as strong as ever but I don't think it would be responsible to do a traditional buy and hold from out of state as my first investment project (and I don't have the down payment that would be required).
Recently I came across the concept of wholesaling lease options and am extremely intrigued both because I feel that it would be an awesome way to enter the game with little to no risk or money out of pocket and it seems like it can be done in any market/economy/state regardless of where I live.

I ask, what do you guys think about wholesaling LO as my first RE venture from Chicago? Thoughts on Adam King's program or others? Would I have problems with my credibility when talking with sellers/investors/buyers/agents as a young and inexperienced investor? Am I way off in my logic?

This forum has been such an awesome source of RE knowledge for me and any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Loading replies...